We love movies that inspire us to travel almost as much as we love travel itself. We’re counting down our top 10 travel films and would like you to be a part of it. Post a comment on any of the 10 movies as we count them down or tweet out a link to these posts, and you’ll be automatically entered in our movie giveaway.
We’ve all read the top-10-travel-films list many times before. We promise not to include “The Lord of the Rings,” “The Sound of Music,” “Room with a View” or any of the same 20 films that wind up on every list of this kind. The key theme of our list will be two things: travel inspiration and novelty.
We’ll pick the movie-themed comment or tweet we like best and ship the winner the DVD of his or her choice from our top 10 movies.
HOW TO WIN:
- To enter, post a comment on newelty.com or post a tweet that points to @newelty on Twitter.
- Post your comment or tweet before 5 pm Pacific time on Thursday, April 8.
- You must be age 18 and older and you must live in a place that Amazon.com will ship to.
OUR TOP 10 TRAVEL MOVIES:
- #10. The Africa Movie without Meryl Streep
- #9. The Girl in the CGI Curl
- #8. Marie Antoinette’s Equivalent of Martha Stewart’s Turkey Hill
- #7. Che, Chaps, and Chile. Yes, Please.
- #6. Sign Us Up for Communist Kitsch
- #5. The Girl with the Perfect Plan for Scotland
- #4. On the L with the One-Armed Man
- #3. Madness in La Mosquitia
- #2. Wide Ties and Rotary Phones
- #1. We Are for…Bath
Thanks for playing! We can’t wait to hear from you, travel-movie mavens.